Eddie Horn, the promoter of Anthony Joshua, said Britain was considering hosting a rematch of Britain against Alexander Yusik of Ukraine, adding that the fight would take place in June or July.
World heavyweight champion Yusik defeated Joshua in front of a sold-out crowd in London in September last year to claim the WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO belts.
After Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, which Moscow called a “special military operation,” Yusik returned to his homeland to join a regional defense battalion, expressing doubts about a rematch with Joshua.
However, Usik said last month that he had begun preparations for the fight, with Ukrainian promoter Alexander Krasyuk telling Sky Sports that Saudi Arabia was a potential destination.
“We are in final talks for a few sites in late June or early July to mid-July,” Horn told British media on Friday. “I think in two weeks we’ll have some news on where that will be.
“There is an alternative in the UK. The difference is, we don’t need to discuss a venue in the UK, we just book it. “
The winner could be in line for a reunion fight with Britain’s WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury.
Get the hottest sports news right in your inbox
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to access Philippine Daily Inquirer and 70+ other headlines, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download by 4am and share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.