UFC star Connor McGregor was charged Thursday with six counts of manslaughter in his native Ireland since he was arrested last month for dangerous driving.
McGregor faces two dangerous driving plus charges for driving without a license, failure to produce a license, driving without insurance and failure to create an insurance record, the report said.
McGregor was arrested in Dublin on March 22. His spokesman told the media outlet at the time that he had passed a drug and alcohol test conducted at a police station.
The fighter was released on bail. Police reportedly confiscated his car, a Bentley, but have since returned it to him.
He will be arraigned again on June 23.
McGregor, 33, is rehabilitating a broken leg he suffered in a fight with Dustin Poirier in July 2021. He told reporters he plans to go to the welterweight division when he returns to action.
Get the hottest sports news right in your inbox
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to access Philippine Daily Inquirer and 70+ other headlines, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download by 4am and share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.